Welcome to our Gmail set-up guide.
All of our team members utilize Google’s Gmail and Calendar, so it will be important to get you set-up. First, we will login! Please note the following steps:
- You have been provided with an MCO email account. This email is formatted as follows: First Name.Last Name@mycounselor.online. A message with your password has been sent to the email you used during your application process.
- Please use your Google Chrome web browser (which you have already installed) and search for “Gmail Login.”
- Using your MCO email address & password, login to your new account.
Second, we need to set-up our inbox.
- Open Gmail
- In the top right, click Settings .
- Click Settings.
- Click the Inbox tab.
- In the “Inbox type” section, select Priority Inbox.
- Choose “Starred” as number one, “Important” as number two, & “Everything Else” as number three.
Thirdly, we need to set up our Google Calendar. This is an important step as it will allow you and others to keep track of your client availability and sessions. It will also allow you access to the calendars of your co-workers and the availability of office spaces. Please watch the following videos.
VIDEO #1: BASICS OF USING GOOGLE CALENDAR
VIDEO #2: SHOWING AVAILABILITY IN GOOGLE CALENDAR
Review – The format should read as follows:
- “THERAPIST LAST NAME” CLIENT AVAILABILITY “SS PP FCC AVAILABLE/NOT AVAILABLE” (ALL CAPS)
- Example: SMITH CLIENT AVAILABILITY: SS & PP AVAILABLE, NO FCC
VIDEO #3: CREATING APPOINTMENTS & ACRONYMS
Here is a review of our appointment labeling structure, acronyms & description box content:
- (“*” first if client is a minor or SS & PP for scholarship & payment plan) FIRST NAME LAST INITIAL(ALL CAPS) – (any specifying acronym)
- Example: *JAMIE S – ZM – FCC – S2
Acronyms & Symbols:
- Minor – *
- Access Point – AP
- ZOOM Session – ZM
- Free Christian Counseling – FCC
- Session Number (FCC clients) – S# (example: “S2” for Session 2)
- Scholarship – SS
- Payment Plan – PP
- Client/s Full Name
- Client Phone Number/s
- Client Email
- Client ID#
VIDEO #4: CHANGING APPOINTMENT TIMES & DATES
Now, for a brief break from videos 🙂
At MCO, we like technology and want to use it to help us provide the best counseling experience to our clients. We utilize an online meeting platform called ZOOM to allow our clients to meet with us from anywhere they have internet access. The ZOOM platform can seamlessly tie into our Google Calendar. In order to achieve this, we must first download the “ZOOM Gmail Plugin.”
In your Google Chrome search bar, type in “ZOOM Gmail Plugin” and bring up the download. Once you have downloaded the plugin, it gives you the option of logging in via your Google account. Be sure to select or enter your MCO Gmail account. That’s it!
You will now see a small blue camera button in the upper right part of your Chrome Web Browser. This is the ZOOM plugin. Periodically, you may be logged out of this account. You will know this has occurred because you will not have the option of making appointments on your Google Calendar into Zoom Meetings. If this ever occurs, simply click the blue camera symbol and log back in. Now, please watch the video tutorial below.
VIDEO #5: MAKING A GOOGLE CALENDAR APPOINTMENT A ZOOM MEETING